Did it ever occur to you that your daily food choices can impact the environment? Food has a lot to do with the environment, probably much more than you think. From farm to table, there are many points where green decisions can be made.
- Buy directly from a farmer. Look for local sources of food.
- Buy in bulk whenever possible.
- Reduce food package waste. Recycle and reuse.
- Eat seasonally. Plan your meals around the produce that is in season in your growing area.
- Eat nuts, beans and other sources of protein more often.
- Start a vegetable garden at home or join a community garden.
- Think natural, buy foods in their natural state or minimally processed.
- Drink tap water
- Cook at home more often.